No more soap sales + being copied

I have discontinued soap sales, at least temporarily. I have had a lot of fun over 18 years making soap and meeting so many other interesting people. Thank you everyone .
Maybe I will get back to it again later, but meanwhile I will be making only for personal use and gifting..

28 October 2017....Unfortunately someone has chosen to copy/paste huge amounts from my old web pages....product information, receipes, soap making methods eg...and place this on the domain name I let go a few months ago. They can buy the domain name but that does not give access to my copyright material or the use of my registered business name.
If you go to that page it is not me you might be dealing with. The person hides behind a "disposable" email address


Jul 7, 2014

Chromebook...well i bought one.

about two months ago i needed a new laptop unfortunately. a bit of research and  I decided i  couldnt resist the colour of the casing of one brand. it nearly matches my dogs fur!!
 i like to use chrome as a browser, am fed up with windows ,the chromebook  has a great keyboard and  the right sized screen for me. there are not a lot of 14 inch laptops to choose from right now. critically it has a power cord plug in that is at right angles to the machine.......unlike my previous costly and beautiful white machine which was dropped and finally had its power connection irreversibly damaged unto replacement.

there are good and bad things about chrome. for me the bad is that the first machine died aged 31 days.
it was replaced by the manufacturer with no fuss .....as it should have been.
i dont think i appreciated how difficult it would be to get photos from cameras and phones to the laptop and then onto any web page. i know i have not mastered the art yet  for all devices and it frustrates me that what should be simple .......is not really .
 i am off put that the manufacturers of devices are not making more effort to make things all gel together......without excuses over too long a time span.
never the less ..i am persistant, can out wait most on the phone when after information. thus i have made some progress.
with a chromebook laptop, a windows phone, an android tablet and a sony point and shoot.........it is a real juggling act to make everything work with everything else.
i suppose if it did......life would not be a challenge and really i never did set out to be the owner of synching devices like the apple products e.g.

i have peeled off one lot of rhino photos and hopefully i can get another lot of photos  from elsewhere to also load here.

.........................

Yeeeesssss....after nearly tearing out my hair i think i have most, but not all, my photos together and available on the chromebook.
 none are corrected or resized....that is beyond my brain for today/tonight


These are random photos of houses mostly taken on a recent trip to the beautiful old suburb of
 Hunters Hill. 

I have always loved sandstone homes and this place still has some really beautiful ones.
Sadly for me some of the best are too hidden to be photographed


















this is a fabulous watch and clock repairer.... and maker. one of those places where u have to knock three times, wait for the door to be unlocked and you enter slowly !!
beautiful antiques of all eras.
they repaired a watch and clock for me many years ago .
 when i phoned recently about one item.....they still had all the details there to discuss with me.
i loved that.














No comments: